The applicant must be an Iowa resident planning to attend an Iowa college/university during the
school year. The applicant can be a current high school senior or someone already enrolled in a college/university.
Before you begin the online application process, please have the following information
available to you:
- High school and/or college transcripts.
Federal tax return(s).
- If you are claimed as a dependent, your parent or guardian's return(s).
- If you are NOT claimed as a dependent, you and your spouses' return(s).
- Statement of awards and/or grants you will receive from the college financial aid office (if applicable).
- The name and address of two (2) people, other than family members, that that are willing to write a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
- Original 500-word essay on the topic described below.
Essay Topic: Select an individual from your community (not a family member) that has
demonstrated the responsibilities of being a citizen. Write a 500-word essay
on what this individual has done for his/her community.
Each applicant is scored upon their high school GPA, financial need, references, and their essay. The scale is listed below.
- Recommendations 10%
- Academic Performance 20%
- Essay 25%
- Financial Need 45%
Application deadline is May 10th for each year the scholarship is offered.
The Robert D. Blue Scholarship has been suspended for the 2021-2022 school year.
Applications are accepted ONLINE ONLY.